5/13/2008

Unknown

Hi! I'm Daniel (Dan) Jetsen and I'm in second grade a the Wakefield Elementary school. I'm in room 235.

One day, when my stupid alarm clock woke me up, I opened the curtains and saw that it was a bright, sunny day. So I got out my ghosts and thunder bolts t-shirt, my "sunny day" shorts, did my things, and walked to school.

Since the bell didn't ring yet, I hung out with my best buddy, Michael Lee. He just got to school, too! Michael was my best friend since we were toddlers!

"So Michael, whussup?" I asked him. Michael groaned. "Nothing. Last night, my parents made me and Abigail, my little sister eat cabbage and tomatoes." Then he added, "Which we hate." "Oh, " I replied. "It was great for me, I went to my cousin's birthday party and whoever gets picked out of the basket (my cousin wrote the names of people who are coming) gets a mini radio - you know, the kinds that fit in your pocket and guess what?" "What?" Michael cried. I grinned, "I got picked out of the basket! Oh yeah, and my cousin Sebastian also has one, of course."

"Cool," Michael said with envy. Then, he must have noticed my pockets were bulging because Michael asked me, "What do you have in your pocket, Dan?" I glanced at my pocket. Just as I was going to tell Michael, the bell rang. So everyone lined up. I was 3rd in line. Michael was 4th. Jane and Charlotte were ahead of us, chattering. Calvin, Kathy, Nicolas, Jared, and a couple of other kids were behind us. When Mrs. Park came out, Michael whispered to me, "What'd ya have in your pocket, Dan?"

"I'll tell you later," I whispered back. Michael made a long face. He wanted to know now.

Mrs. Park made a following motion with her hand and we followed her into the school.

Lots of us lined up by the water fountain to get a drink. When it was Theo's turn, he accidentally got water up his nose and Kathy made the cukoo sign at him. Kids who saw that laughed including Theo's friends. Theo shook his fist at Kathy and Kathy said, "Duh!" Everyone laughed again. "I'll get you for this, Kathy Jackson!" Then Kathy replied, "It's not Jackson, it's Johnson!" And we all burst out laughing. Kathy did a bow and said, "Thank you, thank you!" After everyone got a drink, we headed back to the classroom. Mrs. Park and Jared, Luke, Cassandra, Jane, Doug, Sarah, Nicolas, Calvin, and other students were already there.

Mrs. Park said, "Please sit down at your desks." So we did. "Class, we will begin the day with --" but she was interrupted by a preschooler who asked, "Where's my mommy?" Just then his mother rushed in. "Sorry for the interruption!" Then she quickly led the little boy out saying, "Don't sneak into anymore classrooms, Tom!" We all laughed. "As I was saying, we will begin the day with math." We all groaned. who knew math was going to be so exciting?

"Doug, what is 7X7?" "49," Doug answered. "Good," Mrs. Park said. Then she turned to Cassandra Day but Cassandra wasn't paying attention so she called on Kathy. "Kathy, what is 11X8?" "88," Kathy answered. But who knew we were going to be interrupted again? I raised my hand. "Yes, Daniel?" "I think I hear barking and pounding outside our door." I told her. Michael and the rest of the class listened too. Mrs. Park opened the door. Before she can see who it was, a small, cute puppy leaped in and licked Luke Stormer's faced over and over again. Luke groaned.

"Stop it, Spike!" Spike got off him. Then all the girls started saying, "Aww, isn't it cute?!"

A scaredy-cat boy named Brad hid behind me while I petted spike. Almost everyone in our class had a puppy, or a dog or kitty or cat. Doug and Jane both had a puppy and a kitty. Everyone else had a dog or cat or both except for Brad. Michael has a cat named Sherman and I had a dog and it's puppy. My dog was Abby and my puppy was named Dave. I have fun with them a lot.

Mrs. Park asked Luke, "How did he get in here?" Luke answered, "How should I know? Spike followed me to school this morning and I petted him and told spike to go home but I guess he got into the building." Then Luke added, "Somehow."

Then Spike looked around at everybody and started panting. Then everyone except for Brad, Mrs. Park who was talking to Luke formed a circle around Spike and started petting him. Jared backed away because he was getting squashed. Nicolas (Nick) Boomersen and Cassandra Day pushed in front of Jared Douglas.

No comments: