5/30/2008

Coral Garden

Today, I went to the Cayman Islands.

My parents and I took a tour bus to a small boat. I also learned something in the tour bus: In Cayman, the driving wheel is on the right side instead of the left. (which is surprising to me) We got to the boat and had two stops: One, Stingray City and two: Coral Garden.

At Stingray City, you got to swim with the stingrays! My dad actually held one up and kissed it, disgusting! Even though Stingray City is in the middle of the ocean, it's totally shallow. The water only came up to my bellybutton!

After we finished swimming, we went to Coral Garden and the water was awfully deep! That's everyone (well almost) wore life jackets. Everyone also snorkeled. My mom and I brought our own so my dad borrowed on from the boat. Many other people borrowed one too. I saw so many fish and coral under the water! That's why it's called Coral Garden. I even saw a fish half a foot wide! Fat guy. I didn't see any jellyfish today, though. I also saw brain coral and coral with long thingies floating above them. It was weird. My parents and I saw little colorful fish and big colorful fish. It was like a rainbow under the sea!

Then we took the boat back to the tour bus and the tour bus drove us back.

THE END

No comments: