9/16/2007

Day 2 Salt Lake City, Utah

Bingham Copper Mine

I am at Salt Lake City, Utah. Today I went to the Bingham Copper Mine! I fell asleep during the way after lunch on the highway. My dad knew how to get there because we borrowed a street pilot.

When we got there, we followed a path to get a better view of the mine. We took lots of pictures. I took three small copper rocks. I compared my biggest one to the labels of a real big copper rock. It was almost as tall as me!!! I found two things that were the same. A clay something and something black. Then we went to the visitor center by the mine. I found some cool stuff and we watched a movie about copper. I thought it was cool. And then, we took pictures with one of those giant wheels of the huge truck that can carry three-hundred tons of stone! It was about two times taller than my dad!!!!

When we went back, we ate at a restaurant called "Kowloon Cafe". I ate some veggies, and eight potstickers. We all drank ice water. I drank the fastest because I was thirsty. And we drove to our hotel called Homestead Hotel. It was really cool. I found an iron and an ironing board in the closet! When we come back from Yellow Stone Park, we're gonna stay here again.

I had lots of fun today.

THE END

No comments: