10/20/2008

When I Shrank

I was feeling a little nervous as I climbed aboard the dragonfly. This all began when I was in Matilda and Houdini's Magic Store. I bought a small bottle of pink powder in it. The label said "Shrinking powder-just add water." I laughed as I read it. I thought about all the things. I could shrink. A clerk was walking by, "Um, excuse me, Sir?" I said, "Yes?" the clerk said back in a deep and rich voice with a bright smile, "Can this really shrink things?" I asked. His smile dropped off immediately. He looked nervous now. "I don't think you'll like to buy this. It shrinks things down to the size of an ant." "Great!" I cried gleefully, "How much?" The clerk shrugged. "$7.99," he said. I went over to the counter and gave them a ten-dollar bill. After I got the change, I took the muni home with part of the change.

After I got home, I poured the powder into a mug with a lid. Then, I poured a teaspoon of water into it. I mixed it because that's what the instructions said. There was also a warning that came along with it. "WARNING! DO NOT DRINK! NO EFFECT ON HUMANS EXCEPT WHEN DRANK!" I laughed. Then I carried it to my room. I poured a little bit on my father's pin. It shrunk. "It works!" I yelled. Now that I knew it worked, I put on the cover and went to the living room to watch T.V. I flipped through the channels and stopped at Disney Channel. I laughed out loud because something funny was happening. Suddenly, my foot knocked over the mug. The lid fell over and the pink liquid started flowing out. I turned off the T.V. "Oh, Oh," I said. I quickly grabbed a towel and started wiping up the mess. After I wiped up most of it, I accidentally dropped the towel onto the rest of it with my mouth open because I was tired. When the towel dropped on the rest of the mess, it caused the liquid to fly up into the air and it landed inside my mouth. Before I knew it, I swallowed it and shrunk down to the size of an ant. "Oops," I mumbled to myself. I sighed and slipped underneath the door and headed in the street.

Suddenly, a shadow fell upon me. I spun around instantly. It was a dragonfly. It spoke to me in a deep voice. "Who are you?!" it asked. I quickly made up a name. "Uh, Michelle," I lied, "What about you?" "I'm Dragonfly," it replied. "I know you're a dragonfly," I said, "what's your name?" "Dragonfly," it replied. "Oh. Male or female?" I questioned it. "Male." Then Dragonfly grinned. "Come on! Let's fly through an adventure!" That's how I nervously climbed on Dragonfly. "Okay," I said unsurely, "but just don't go too -" Dragonfly zipped around trees and buildings rapidly "FAST!" I yelled. "What did you say?" Dragonfly mumbled. "By the way, you can call me Draffle. That's my nickname." "Okay," I said unsurely, "where are we going, exactly?" I asked. Draffle replied, "To the woods." I began to feel a little suspicious. "Why?" I said, "To have fun!" Draffle answered. "To have fun," I muttered under my breath.

When we go to the woods, Draffle was flying as fast as a bird. "Whoa, slow down there, Draffle!" I called. "Sorry!" apologized as he slowed down a bit. Draffle brought me to a gentle stop as we passed by a mossy tree. "What are we going to do now?" I asked. Draffle grinned. "Let's have a race!" he replied. "No way," I said, "you're definately gonna win." "Whatever!" Draffle grumbled. We zipped off. Just as he was about to win, he crashed into a beehive. "Uh, oh!" Draffle cried. "Go inside the lake!" I yelled as bees started swarming out. Draffle frowned. "But my wings will get wet!" he complained. "It's either that or face a bunch of angry bees!" I shouted as I jumped in the lake. Draffle hopped in after me.

Suddenly, I felt myself growing. In a minute, I had grown back to my normal size. "What am I doing here?! And why am I all wet?" I cried in disapproval. I shook my head, climbed out of the water, and walked home. I changed clothes and threw the shrinking powder away.

I smiled, glad that everything was back to normal.

THE END

1 comment:

Unknown from PoptropicaSecrets said...

You are very creative!