10/07/2008

The Case of the Pocket Flashlight

One morning I woke up and discovered that I had turned into a detective. I wasn't wearing my pajamas. Instead, I was wearing a deerstalker cap, a jacket that covered nearly all of my face, a pair of plaid pants, and black shoes. I shook my head and changed into a t-shirt and jeans. I stuffed the detective clothes into my backpack along with my homework folder and zipped it shut. Then I headed downstairs for breakfast.

After breakfast, I got ready for school. I grabbed a jacket and headed out the door with mom. My mom drove me to school and I headed in the classroom. I started coping math problems on the board to do. Finally, it was recess. I told my friend about the detective clothes. She smiled and said, "I know someone who lost their pocket flashlight, maybe you can solve the mystery. Oh, and it's Zoe who lost it." I nodded slowly. "Ooookay," I said unsurely. I looked around the playground and spotted Zoe Fishkins. I ran over. "Hey, Zoe! Wait up!" I yelled as I caught up. "What??" Zoe mumbled. I got out my deerstalker cap and put it on and replied, "Maybe I can help finding your flashlight." Zoe shrugged as we started hunting for her flashlight.

We looked up and down, there and around but we had no such luck. All of a sudden, I snapped my fingers. "That's it!" I cried. "I know where your flashlight is. It's in your pocket!" Zoe looked in her pocket and found it. "Wow," she said. "How'd you know?" I nodded modestly. "Just remembered what my friend told me of what you've lost. A pocket flashlight."

THE END

EPILOGUE

After school was over, I put my detective clothes in a honorable place in my closet. Those clothes helped me concentrate on am mystery. Now, whenever I have a mystery to be solved, I put on those clothes and solved the mystery in 5 minutes. They have never failed me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so smart, little detective!

Your secret admirer, H.Y