10/17/2007

Crab Fishing

It was a sunday morning. I got up late but I was going to catch crabs with my mom and dad and my grandmother.

We caught for about twenty-eight crabs. Our ice box was nearly filled up! We had to catch crabs that was longer than 4 inches plus or 4 inches.

Each net, we catch nothing, or one or two right sized crabs and plenty of small crabs. Some were really yummy but we couldn't catch it. It was against the law.

(Now I have to eat dinner. Bye-bye!)

(Hi again! I finished the best meal I had in two months. I'm going back from talking about my first crab catching adventure.)

To pull up the rope attached to the net, you have to pull it up quickly. Or else the crabs inside the net will escape. When we take out some crabs from inside of the net, we have to use oven mitts because if you don't, the crabs sometimes will pinch you. I put two crabs in the ice box and it didn't pinch me! Oh yeah!

I forgot to tell you guys how you throw the net back down again. Make sure the end of the rope is tightly tied to something. And then grab both ends of your net and throw it into the water but try to make it spin a little bit. But don't throw it too far because if you do, the net won't reach the bottom and the crabs couldn't get in.

When we got back home, we planned to eat the crabs. My dad was washing the crabs. When he was about to kill one, the crab pinched him on the third finger. He got one of those tiny bandaids to put on his finger. We had a great dinner. I ate the biggest crabs. My dad ate the crab who bit him. I guess he got revenge.

THE END

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya! How I wish to go crabbing with you, Amy!

your secret admirer--helicopter